Monday, March 22, 2010

Nang dahil sa hilaw na mangga...

Pic from MarketManila.Com
... I was rushed to the ER this morning!

I woke up with my head spinning and feeling nauseous. That first instant, I know I was having another hyperacidity attack. I kept on vomiting for the rest of the morning. By 9AM, I was so weak I had to ask JJ to bring me to the hospital. Daddy G gave me Zantac but I wasn't able hold it down.

At the ER, after the initial check up, the doctor concluded that I had vertigo at gastritis. I was given Zantac and Plasil intravenously. After an hour, I was much much better. I was advised to rest for another two days and to take Zantac twice a day for two weeks. I honestly doubt that it's vertigo as I am awfully dizzy whenever I have a hyperacidity attack.

Now, I was blaming it on the green mangoes because it was the last thing I had last night. Two, in fact. JJ was telling me to take it easy next time and to take into mind that I shouldn't have it late in the night. I was really sorry I ate those mangoes but I only have myself to blame.

I am feeling much, much better now. Just a little weak from my ordeal this morning. Hopefully, this won't happen again soon.

It's true what they always say, you only get to appreciate good health when you're sick.

No comments: