He's having solid food for more than a month now. Here are the stuff that we had him try and his reactions:
- potato - he makes these gagging sounds often. we never let him have it again.
- broccoli (Gerber) - to say that he LOVE this one is an understatement. he can have this thrice a day and i am sure he'll never complain. but we're really wondering why he loves this one so much when it doesn't smell that good :-) the smell even prompted JJ to ask if it has gone bad already.
- carrots (Gerber and homemade) - initially, we had him try the one from the bottle. When we realized that he liked it, we decided to try and do some ourselves. Easy lang naman pala and cheaper pa. Lucas loves carrots too.
- Sweet potato - he likes camote but not when he eats it consecutively. Gusto niya mga tipong once a day lang. We usually add a little breastmilk to make it runny.
- Mangoes - I thought he'd love mangoes but he doesn't. I ended up eating the jars of mangoes we prepared for him.
- Applesauce (Gerber) - never liked it. He'd close his mouth when we try to feed him applesauce. I guess, unlike me, Lucas doesn't like sweet food that much which is good for him.
- Squash (Gerber and homemade) - he'd eat it once in a while.
- Avocado - he loves, loves avocadoes :-) magagalit pa yan when you stop feeding him. Hindi talaga mana kay Mommy, I don't eat avocado kasi.Though I taste his avocadoes now to see if they're okay pa.
- Cerelac - His favorite is the Mixed Vegetable and Soya flavor. But we're trying to lessen his Cerelac intake as JJ thinks that it has lots of sugar.
He also loves watching daddy play with his PSP