Tuesday, April 29, 2008

It's the little things that count...

My husband has always been vocal about him not being the sweet and showy kind of guy. But then, every once in a while, he does things that make me wonder if what he often say is true. For instance, I was having a really bad morning with the heat and all the none-too-pleasant things that come with a bus-less morning. I eventually got a ride and when I reached Ayala Avenue, I was rushing as the office shuttle is scheduled to leave the waiting area in a few minutes. Suddenly, an arm yanks mine and I look up to JJ’s smiling, sweaty, sleepy-from-the-night-shift face. He holds up a bag with a raisin bread and tells me “Bakit di mo sinasagot phone mo? Kanina pa ko tawag ng tawag sayo. Binilhan kita ng bread oh, for your meryenda.” Dazed, I just smile and get the bread and he kisses me goodbye and sends me off to the waiting area. As I was crossing McKinley Avenue, I cannot stop smiling. As in ear-to-ear smile. It was such a nice surprise.

So, tell me? Hindi ba siya sweet? :-)

No comments: