I’m 22 weeks pregnant already. The past 16 weeks (since we found out we’re gonna be parents) has been one ride for me and JJ. From the spotting issues, to my losing weight during my first trimester to now feeling our baby’s thumps and kicks. Every experience has truly been amazing and we cannot help but feel blessed every time we cross a milestone.
Now that I am past the halfway mark already, the changes are a lot:
- It was my and hubby’s decision to continue taking Metformin until the first half of my pregnancy. I had my last tab on week 20.
- Since the spotting episodes have stopped (going three weeks now and hopefully, it won’t happen again), I also stopped taking Duvadilan. So, it’s just me and plain-old Clusivol OB.
- I am having a little difficulty shifting from one position to another these days lalo na when sleeping. And naku, I do not know where to put my arms during mass. Haha :-) Before kasi I fold my arms across my upper tummy area. Kaya lang now, I cannot breathe na whenever I do that. Kaya rin siguro pregnant women always rub or touch their tummy (kasi nga nowhere else to place their hands).
- I feel baby’s movements regularly na these days and I feel harder thumps now. Baby’s probably growing. JJ also felt / seen baby’s movements already. Ayan tuloy, konting “Ah ah baby” ko lang, nakahipo na agad yan sa tummy ko to feel baby’s movements :-)
- I look pregnant. Hindi na lang sa damit na suot ko. I often tell people in the office nga na hindi na kaya ng stomach-in itago si baby.
- I eat a lot these days. My appetite is back in full force. Di na ako maarte kumain and I am guessing that the scale is gonna do all the talking sa susunod namin na visit kay OB. But ok lang, so far naman 3 lbs pa lang na-gain ko. And sabi ko nga kay JJ, magsa-salad na lang ako lagi from month 7. Hehe :-P
- JJ will be the one to cut my toenails from now on (unless I have a pedicure in a salon). The last time I tried, I was really sweaty from all the positions I had to take just to complete the task (Hirap pala to find a comfy position with your tummy out in front of you. But ok lang, no complains :-) realization lang.)
Hubby and I also attended the “Simply Maternal” seminar sponsored by Asian Hospital. The first session was held this morning. It was short but informative. Of course, they marketed AHMC’s OB-facilities (really nice but of course, it comes with a price). They also showed what would generally happen if you have your baby via normal delivery or via CS. The different types of anesthesia were also discussed. The open forums were also helpful as the lecturers were able to answer each query. At least now I kinda have an idea what to expect. The last session will be held next Saturday and it will be about post-pregnancy stuff like the screening tests for baby, breastfeeding and I heard that they will be teaching daddies stuff like how to swaddle-wrap babies, etc. (No excuse na si hubby when baby comes out :-) ).Freebies we got from the seminar :-)
We still do not know baby’s gender yet. My last ultrasound kasi nakadapa si baby so we weren’t able to take a peek. According to the sonologist, probably next month we’ll find out na. But baby’s spine is so defined na and we saw baby’s fingers. Thankfully, everything is ok and baby’s just the right size.
Time starts to fly now and JJ and I are joking that baka mamaya before we know it, we’re in labor na. Pero marami pa stuff to do. We haven’t even started shopping yet. We’ll do that in a month’s time siguro. Right now, I am just collating all the checklists I see online. And of course, I’d rather shop after finding out if baby’s gonna be a boy or a girl.
I’d probably blog about it the minute I find out baby’s gender. Hopefully we’ll know soon :-D