Friday, April 3, 2009

My Wow Philippines!

My schedule's been really hectic the past few weeks, mostly because of my workload. I've been traveling a lot the past weeks and here are the places I've been to...


Zamboanga City - I took the morning flight and left the same day via the PM flight. My colleagues had a great time shopping for shawls that were really nice and cheap.

Davao: I wish the place in the pic is where I've been to. I had a seminar at the Grand Meng Seng Hotel and when it ended by early afternoon, we were off to the market place to buy pomelos and other fruits. Mangosteen was really cheap at P60 per kilo. Pomelos were at P70 per kilo. I also bought durian for my dad.
Cagayan de Oro: I was dreading this trip because it was the first time that I will be leaving my son overnight :-( I was honestly thinking of backing out from this one but I just can't let my boss down. I tried not to think about him during the trip but I cannot help it! Whenever I missed him, I'd ring the house and have one of the Ate's turn on the speaker phone so I can hear his voice and let him hear mine. Only after these calls will I feel relieved, somehow. We had dinner at this place by the sea, some 30 minutes drive from CDO. Then we had dessert at this amazing place called Candy's in CDO proper. The sylvanas and chocolate cake were really super. I brought slices home for JJ :-)

Laoag City: I've been to Laoag a couple of times the past years when I was still with the Wind group of our company but it's the first time I visited Santa Monica church.

Legaspi City: Third time's a charm. The first two visits, I didn't get to glimpse Magayon. This time, she was visible in all her glory when we landed. It was indeed breathtaking, making me feel sorry I didn't bring my camera. Good thing my colleagues had theirs :-) Will post pictures as soon as I get copies from them.
I am now writing this from Cebu airport (they have free wifi and it makes we wonder why NAIA doesn't have it...same terminal fee of P200 :-( ) while waiting for my 7:35 PM flight. I am looking forward to the Holy Week and the much needed rest. The Ates will be on vacation the week after Holy Week so I will be on mommy duty then (which is also why I cannot refuse my boss when I was asked to travel).
Hope everyone gets the much needed rest we all deserve. And may you all have a blessed Holy Week.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Luck you! Your work includes traveling the whole country! Ü

I wish my work is like yours...hehehe