Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Royal Engagement Portraits

Ever since I read novels by McNaught, Lindsey, Deveraux and Garwood, I've been "interested" in European royalty. It didn't help that my Lola Ima was so into Princess Di that she has all People Magazine episodes with the late princess as cover. My lola hated Camilla so much that she calls her k_b_yo (I know, bad. But what can I say? She loves Di!).

As you all know, Princess Di's firstborn is getting married this April. I chanced upon People Magazine's feature on the engagement portraits of other royal couples. I think it is part of their preview to the much-awaited wedding this coming April.

 Prince Albert (King George VI) and Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon (1923)

 Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip (1947)

Princess Margaret and Anthony Armstrong-Jones (1960)

 Princess Anne and Mark Phillips (1973)

Prince Charles and Lady Diana Spencer (1981) - formal 

 Informal

Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson (1986)

Prince Edward and Sophie Rhys-Jones (1999) 

 Prince William and Catherine Middleton
All official announcements from the palace now refer to Kate as Catherine.

I love this shot. They look so in love.
~*~
As much as I don't want to admit it, I would like to see how their big day goes :) I guess it's the little girl in me who loves happy endings. And hopefully, this particular royal love story does.

No comments: