Monday, December 27, 2010

Farewell Lola

JJ's Lola Poleng passed away early last week. She was 88 years old. From what JJ and my in-laws told me, she lived a full life. Challenging, yes. But she emerged victorious. One just have to look at her six children to see that.

Though I've known Lola for only a short period of time, I felt everyone's loss because in that short time, I got a glimpse of the great mom and grandmother that everyone adored and loved.

I am sure that JJ will tell our children stories of how his Lola P braved the PNR commute to help him out with his assignments. How Lola took good care of him when he stayed in Morwood Drive.  

Farewell Lola. You will always be in our hearts.
~ * ~

With Lola and Tita Sylv, our 2006 wedding

 During the reception, where she made everyone laugh with her speech

Lola's 87th Birthday celebration

 Early 2009. First time she met Lucas.

No comments: