Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Proud Momma Moment

Lucas was playing with his toys outside our bedroom. Said toys were initially in a big plastic box. He was taking them out one by one and understandably, after a while every piece was out of the box and scattered on the floor. Lucas was having fun so I let him be. I went inside our bedroom and set up my computer where I can still keep an eye on Lucas while he's playing. One minute he was playing with his toys, next minute, he was jumping up and down on our bed. Surprised, I asked him if he's done playing and if Mommy can put his toys inside the plastic box already. He replied, "Cover Mommy, cover". When I looked outside, my heart stopped. The toys were inside the plastic  box already! Everything was inside, not one single toy was left lying on the floor. And all this he did without me asking him to. Wow. Proud and touched, I hugged him and said "Thank you" and praised him for doing such a good job of storing his toys. Kaya pala he was saying "cover", because that is all that's left for me to do. Cover the box :)

~*~

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! I will be proud as well if my toddler knows how to clean up after himself. It only means that Lucas is disciplined :) Kudos to you Chie!

HomemadeMother said...

Nice work! I'm looking forward to the day when my kids start picking up after themselves!