Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Shrek 3


Hubby and I watched the latest Shrek movie. I was looking forward to this third installment, given how hard I laughed when I saw the first two movies.


An hour and more-so later, as hubby and I were walking out of the movie theatre, I cannot help but feel a little bit disappointed. As JJ's cousin Jill would have put it, it was a rip-off! Maybe I just expected too much or maybe the film wasn't really that good. I dunno. I told JJ what I thought about the movie and he said that he wasn't really expecting much from it. Sigh.


Sure there were funny scenes but there were times when I felt sooo bored I sure would have dozed off if it weren't for the food we brought with us. This didn't happen in the first two movies. I just have this heavy feeling as I was so excited to see this movie that I was literally running out of the office after 5pm yesterday (feeling 7 years old again :-D). Then to feel that way after watching it.


As we were walking towards the escalator, we passed by the ticket booth and my eyes lit up. They were selling tickets for Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End already!!! JJ and I rushed to the nearest window only to be disappointed yet again. We thought they were already selling tickets for the week's showing. They were selling tickets for the opening day Wednesday lang pala. Dang!. But then at least, there is another movie to look forward to. Hopefully, Johnny and Orlando won't disappoint :-)


I read several reviews (from rottentomatoes.com) and most were saying the same thing. I think one review summed up what I felt perfectly " Shrek 3 is a funny visit with the familiar characters that made you laugh but you do not leave hoping for a fourth."

No comments: